Information Architecture (IA) (virtual)
To provide a forum for practitioners, researchers, and educators working in the multidisciplinary areas of information architecture where they can continue the conversation begun at the March 2000 ASIS&T Summit on Information Architecture. This conversation includes but is not limited to:
- Stimulating collaboration among practitioners, researchers, and educators.
- Stimulating design, development, and execution of research activities and the development of new research fronts
- Sharing applicable research to reduce redundancy.
- Sharing experiences with all aspects of information architecture practice.
- Shaping the education and training of future information architects.
- Building a shared vocabulary about information architecture.
- Chronicling emerging concerns and trends related to information architecture.
Above all, the SIG-IA will be guided by an ethic of inclusion, where the full range of participants -- from those who are self-taught to those with considerable academic training -- will feel comfortable helping each other develop the professional practice of information architecture. To support this ongoing conversation, the ASIS&T SIG-IA has developed an E-mail list, will develop a web site and explore other mechanisms to promote communication and collaboration.
E-mail Discussion List
instructions for joining the discussion list